Autumn Assisted Living Testimonials
Our Friends Say It Best!
Our clinicians, residents and families are everything to us. We always appreciate the kind words they have to say about our community, our people and our amenities. Here are some recent comments about Autumn and the services we provide.
We have never been happier as we have been at Autumn of Sarasota...
From the first day two years ago when Jim, Jill, Carol and others welcomed our Mother into her new home, and then each and every week since , my brother and I are more than elated in every way possible.
The beauty of the facility strikes you when driving onto the grounds. It only intensifies when walking into the lobby and Music/Foyer Piano room with its high ceilings, engaging wall video and expansive feeling. Next comes the precious, welcoming, spectacular and relaxing garden. Residents and visiting family makes good use of this gorgeous garden. Our own family occasionally gathers in the gardens with my 92 year old mother to play a few hands of bridge together.
It took some time for Mom to become acclimated to her new home along with her spacious studio bedroom. Initially, she would challenge the staff who always knew the correct intervention to help her feel more at home. It is obvious that all the staff are well trained in Memory Care, Moderate and Severe Cognitive loss, and related illnesses.
During the two years , there have been several medical crises that required special care and attention. The Autumn staff always rises to the occasion. Urgent, as well as every day needs are well taken care of. Staff immediately responds to all queries and is always available to effectively problem solve. Daily medications, meals, laundry, cleaning and more are tenderly and impeccably provided.
Mom is quite comfortable sharing meals with her table-mates and friends at Autumn. She and staff get along famously with care, humor and such an establishment of that homey feeling. Mom feels accepted by each and every staff member who genuinely enjoy each and every Resident. The hiring process must be wonderfully structured and if an initial hire doesn't seem to exemplify the Autumn ethic with its commitment to excellence, it seems to me that they don't last long at Autumn.
Mom has warmed up to the Activities that Autumn offers to all the Residents. She has never been an 'activity' type person and to see her enjoying and partaking warms our hearts. Musical concert presentations range from Big Band, Frank Sinatra, Jazz, Folk, and various decade- themed music. Last week, Mom and her Autumn friends were treated to a modern concert of present day Pop-Music, which Mom's teen-age granddaughter so enjoyed being able to share with her Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy are provided on-site by an independently contracted provider, Gulf City Home Care with staff that add immeasurably to the overall atmosphere and quality of care.
Mom has lived at other facilities in town. But, there is not even a thought about relocating as we couldn't ask for a more engaging, intelligent, welcoming, happy and caring staff and home. I only hope that her days at Autumn are many many more and never end. I sleep better knowing Mom has found a home.
Autumn of Sarasota is exceptional in every important aspect of memory care...
It was mid October of 2014 and coincidently, the first day Autumn was open for business. Passing by, I was impressed by the exterior, curious to see the interior and anxious to learn about Autumn's programs for individuals suffering with dementia. / stopped in and was not disappointed! Jill made a strong presentation and the beautiful interior speaks for itself.
Shortly thereafter, my wife became Autumn's first day resident, the second best decision I made as Jo's caregiver. As time passed it became apparent that if I was going 'stay the course', I had to relinquish the duties as Jo's primary caregiver. I met with Carol on a Thursday afternoon, described my concerns, got some straight forward advice and Jo moved in on Friday! That's my best decision!
I believe Autumn is unique in offering the advantages of scale while providing remarkable, custom care — not just for the residents but also the families who struggle with the changes in their loved ones but also the frustration of the unknowns.
Autumn of Sarasota is exceptional in every important aspect of memory care.
F. Lamar Watson
I want to take this opportunity to thank you for your attention...
Our mother is one of your most senior residents, having been in residence for three years. I want to take this opportunity to thank you for your attention to the constant upgrading of staff, and to the provision of creative activities for those under Autumn’s care. This letter is to recognize, in particular, a few of your management people, who do such great work and give us peace of mind. All of these specific people have had occasion to interact with us in a very effective manner.
1. Carol Copenhaver, Autumn’s Executive Director, does a very skillful job in dealing calmly with whatever arises in the course of the day. As an outside observer, I can only say that whenever I have had a concern, Carol has been excellent in those unexpected exigencies which tend to arise, We are lucky to have her.
2. Florence Flessner has done a singular job at the front desk. Her assumption of responsibility surely smooths out the general flow of activity at Autumn, and takes the pressure off others. Flo is always smiling an accommodating. One can give her a message and be sure the concern will be dealt with in a timely and well executed manner. What an asset in that location.
3. Pat Jones has been such a pleasure to work with all these years. She has a great attitude, great skills, is so reliable, and is a perfect financial contact for you clients. Pat is another Autumn professional who projects knowledge of all departments, so that the residents’ families have that all important peace of mind.
4. Chris Lee. Finally, we have someone at the nurses’ station who really is superb with the responsibility. I understand that Chris has been employed at a different type of facility before arriving at Autumn, But from our perspective of our mother’s needs, he is the best person to held that multi-faceted and demanding position. He is very professional, and nothing seems to faze him. Truly, Chris is a very capable and a caring nursing natural. I would guess he has enormous management potential for Autumn’s future growth.
5. Last, but certainly not least, is Lisa Salcicia, your great CAN, who is taking sensitive and wonderful care of our mother. Her attention and care to our mother’s needs is very much appreciated. We understand she is to make nursing her career, and we hope that career will be with Autumn.
Finally, we should say that, by and large, your entire staff has done well by our mother these last three years, and we wanted to express ourselves in that regard, While we realize the ageing process presents its difficulties to my mother and the staff, with such good people you are providing a superior facility. Thank you!
Neale and Barry Dobkin